Michelle May, M.D., founder of the Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Programs and Training, and author of the Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat book series, understands the struggles people have with food. As a recovered yo-yo dieter herself, she knows that going from one diet to the next can easily leave you frustrated and powerless.
“When we restrict and deprive ourselves of foods that we love, we actually give them more power,” states Michelle. “Once we end up on some kind of eating plan or diet, we lose perspective. One of the perspectives we lose most quickly is why we wanted to make the change in the first place.”
For most people Michelle May works with, the problem isn’t the food; it’s their relationship with food. Building your relationship with food helps you make better decisions not only with your eating habits, but with many other aspects of your life. Michelle confidently states that, “For many of us, mindful eating becomes a doorway into mindful living.”
For over two decades, Michelle May, M.D. has developed and taught a new way to look at food and eating habits. Her mindful eating programs focus on the joy of food. Michelle strongly believes that it’s not only about eating the foods you love, but also about making connections with food. As you become more in tune with what your body needs, you are happier and healthier. Food is one of the keys to life success.
In this episode, learn about mindful eating, and how it is one of the keys toward achieving not only your health goals, but also toward success in other aspects of life.
Discover for Yourself:
- What is mindful eating?
- How has the Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat book series been an influence for good over the years?
- Why is it often a struggle for people to focus on their eating?
- How can mindful eating act as a springboard to achieving other life goals?
- What are some success stories as people have used mindful eating in their lives?
- What steps can people take to start eating mindfully?
Connect with Michelle May, M.D.:
- Website: https://amihungry.com
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AmIHungry
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/c/MichelleMayMD
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/amihungry
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/eatwhatyoulove
Helpful links from Michelle May, M.D.:
- Download chapter 1 of Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat to learn about the Mindful Eating Cycle: https://amihungry.com/chapter1
- Take the Eating Cycle Assessment to learn more about your eating patterns: https://amihungry.com/eating-cycle-assessment/
- Mindful Eating and Yoga Virtual Retreat – January 2021 https://amihungry.com/mindful-eating-and-yoga-retreat/