This seafood linguine recipe combines several types of seafood to infuse the dish with flavors, textures, and a definite wow factor!
Each type of seafood (the tilapia, the shrimp, and the clams) has its own unique flavor. Combining them adds great levels of texture and flavor to the dish.
Adding different layers of seasoning creates a nice blend of flavors.
Adding the cooked pasta to the sauce allows the pasta to soak up some of the flavors of the sauce.
The dish tastes great and has a powerful flavor!
The dish has great sauce, but is not too saucy.
The dinner conversation led us to look up the difference among clams, mussels, and scallops. According to Wikipedia, a scallop is in the clam family.
20 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 pound of tilapia
- 1 pound of shrimp (shelled, deveined, tail off), cooked
- 2 4-ounce cans of chopped clams in clam juice
- 1 32-ounce jar of marinara sauce (or make your own)
- 1 1-pound box of linguine
- 2 bell peppers, any color
- 2 medium onions
- 5 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons Tuscan seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried basil, dried oregano, red pepper flakes)
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning salt
- Shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- Slice the bell peppers and onions into thin strips. Place the vegetables in a mixing bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of avocado oil (any oil with a high smoke point can be substituted) and 1 tablespoon of Tuscan seasoning to the vegetables. Toss to coat.
- Place the vegetables on a baking sheet. Roast the vegetables in a 400-degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until browned.
- Cut the tilapia into medium-sized chunks. Place the tilapia in a mixing bowl. Add two tablespoons avocado oil and 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning salt to the tilapia. Toss to coat.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, sauté the tilapia for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned on all sides. Add the roasted vegetables, chopped clams (including the clam juice), shrimp, and marinara sauce to the skillet. Cover and simmer for about 10-15 minutes to blend the flavors. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Cook the linguine according to package directions. Add the linguine to the sauce, and toss to coat.
- Serve with shredded Parmesan cheese.