Cod stuffed with prosciutto and herbs with lemon caper sauce is simply divine. The combination of herbs and prosciutto make the flavors pop with every bite.
The combination of the herb mixture, prosciutto, and breadcrumbs forms a stuffing-like mixture, which adds a nice flavor and texture to the dish. The individual herb flavors pop out as you eat the dish.
Go light on the sauce so it doesn’t overpower the fish.
20 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 pound of cod fish, divided into 4 portions
- 3 ounces of prosciutto, chopped
- 1 cup of an herb variety, chopped (such as oregano, basil, thyme, and rosemary)
- 1 slice of multigrain bread, ground in a food processor to form breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning salt
- 1 can of chicken broth
- Juice & zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup of capers
- 3 tablespoons of honey mustard
- 1/4 cup of avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- toothpicks, as needed to secure the fish
- Flatten cod with a meat mallet.
- Season cod lightly with lemon pepper seasoning salt.
- Sprinkle the herbs, breadcrumbs, and prosciutto on the fish, then roll it up like a pinwheel.
- Secure the rolled fish with toothpicks as needed.
- Place the cod on a baking sheet, and drizzle some avocado oil over the fish.
- Bake the cod in the oven at 425° for about 20 minutes.
- Combine the chicken broth, lemon juice and zest, capers, and honey mustard in a small saucepan.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Thicken with 1 tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with about a tablespoon of water, simmering for an additional 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the sauce over the fish to serve.