This hearty white chicken chili has the power and punch that we enjoy in chili.
Sautéing brings out the flavor of the vegetables.
Adding the seasoning in layers brings out the flavor and complements the other ingredients.
The shape of the pearl onions gives the dish not only flavor and texture but also visual appeal.
The half and half makes the chili taste creamy, but not overwhelming.
The diced tomatoes add color and flavor to the chili. You could also use fire-roasted tomatoes if they are available.
The texture and flavor of the rotisserie chicken actively contributes to the wow factor.
The cheese and parsley toppings add flavor, color, and texture to the meal. The parsley gives the dish a nice fresh herb flavor.
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 rotisserie chicken, broken up into 1-inch chunks
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 large carrots, sliced cross-sectioned
- 3 small onions, sliced
- 1 8-ounce jar of pearl onions, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans cannellini beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups half and half
- 8 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley, medium chopped, set aside for serving
- 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, set aside for serving
- In a stew pot, sauté the jalapeño, onions, celery, and carrots in avocado oil and seasonings until lightly browned and tender.
- Add the rotisserie chicken, pearl onions, beans, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and seasoning. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the half and half. Adjust seasoning to taste, and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with the shredded cheese and chopped parsley.