This Mediterranean pasta salad is a very quick and easy side dish. It’s very versatile, from taking it on the go to enjoying it at home. As with most recipes, you can expand this pasta salad to accommodate a larger crowd. The longest part of the cooking process is waiting for the water to boil. After that, it’s smooth sailing! You can also try it with other pasta shapes as you prefer.
- One 1-pound box of bowtie (farfalle) pasta
- 1 cup of sundried tomatoes (dried or oil-based), finely chopped
- ½ cup of banana peppers, finely chopped
- ½ cup of kalamata olives (whole or sliced)
- Rustic Italian seasoning (salt, black pepper, garlic powder, dried basil, dried oregano, red pepper flakes), to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring water to boil in a large pot. Add the pasta to the boiling water, and cook per the package instructions. Drain the pasta in a colander, and rinse under cold water (this prevents the pasta from sticking together).
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Adjust the seasoning as preferred.